Here is your official 2017 Science Fair Information Packet!
12th Annual Science Fair
- Judging on Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Viewing Fair on Friday, March 31, 2017
- Open to grades K-5.
What is a Science Fair Project and a Science Fair?
A Science Fair Project is an investigation that is designed to solve a problem (or answer a question) using a procedure called the scientific method. The problem, hypothesis, experiment procedures, and results of the experiment are then presented on a display board. The “fair” part takes place when everyone who has done a project gathers together to showcase their work. Projects are evaluated and ribbons are awarded. One winner from third, fourth, and fifth grades will be invited to submit their project to the County Science Fair!
What is included in this packet?
- WCES 2017 Science Fair Project Timeline– This is a guideline to help you complete your project on time.
- Science Fair Project Guide– This sheet suggests how to complete your science fair project and explains the scientific method.
- Judging Criteria– This is a guideline to help you prepare your project for judging.
- A.A. County “Elementary Science Fair Safety Form” #1– This is REQUIRED by all participants.
Note: These sheets are also available on the PTA website: www.waughchapel-pta.com.
Message to Parents and Guardians:
WCES science fair projects are NOT graded. They are voluntary, for fun, and good practice! Our advice, “Keep it simple!” Let the children learn the process now, on their own, before these projects become mandatory and graded in middle school! Help your child come up with a question that relates to their interests or their favorite toys. The following websites can help you support your child in completing a science fair project without doing it for them:
WCES Science Fair Packet: http://waughchapel-pta.com/wp/file-repository/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the PTA Science Enrichment Committee on email@example.com.