Emergency School Closings, Early Dismissals, Late Openings & Special Operational Delays
Changes to school schedules caused by inclement weather, cancellations of after-school activities, bus delays or other emergency conditions are announced by voice and text messages through:
– The Connect-ED automated telephone notification system
– Postings on the school system’s website (www.aacps.org)
– Facebook page (www.facebook.com/aacps)
– Twitter page (@AACountySchools)
– Broacast on major area radio and television stations:
* AACPS-TV (Channel 96 on Comcast and Broadstripe
* Channel 36 on Verizon
Please do not call your child’s school or central office to find out about closings and other emergency-related schedule changes.
In addition, announcements are posted (and you may sign up for email alerts) on the website School’s Out (www.schoolsout.com).
Parents: It is critical to keep emergency contact numbers and email addresses up to date at your child’s school.