In October, the Media Center will host the annual “Pumpkin Personality” contest.
lf you would like to participate:
- Read a book – a picture book, chapter book, or biography
- Choose one of the characters or people in the book.
- Create a pumpkin personality using a real or fake 3D pumpkin or gourd (any size).
- Fix it up to look like the character or person in your book. You may use any materials such as: paint, markers, crayons, fabric, paper, glitter, sticks, grass, buttons, pipe cleaners, etc.
- Please DO NOT CARVE the pumpkin, as it will rot quickly.
Two prizes will be awarded for each grade: one for the most creative and one for the pumpkin that looks most like the character. All pumpkin personalities must be in the Media Center by Friday, October 23rd.
Fill out the back of this sheet (PDF is provide for printing here) and bring it with your pumpkin. lf you have the book at home, you may bring it to display next to your pumpkin.
Pumpkins need to be picked up by Friday, October 30th. Pumpkins that begin to rot will be disposed of immediately. We encourage all students to do their own work on their pumpkin since they will be judged based on their grade-level ability.