Hats Off to Dr. Seuss!
We will celebrate Read Across America Week and Dr. Seuss’s birthday the week of March 2nd. We will celebrate with the following daily events:
- Monday, February 29th – Sleep Book Day: Wear your pajamas to school!
- Tuesday, March 1st – Fox In Sox Day: Wear fun socks and show them off!
- Wednesday, March 2nd – Stripes Day: Wear as many stripes as you can!
- Thursday, March 3rd – Oh, The Places You’ll Go Day: Wear a shirt from a place you’ve been!
- Friday, March 4th – Thing 1 and Thing 2 Twin Day: Pick a friend and dress the same!
Take time out of the week of February 29th – March 4th to celebrate reading! Read as often and as much as you can during this week. Set a personal goal to read 60 minutes, 75 minutes, 150 minutes or 200 minutes or more!
My personal reading goal for the week is:___________minutes
Record your daily minutes on this slip and have a parent or guardian initial that you did indeed read the minutes indicated at home.
Mon., 2/29 – I read ________minutes. Parent/guardian initials____
Tues., 3/1 – I read________minutes. Parent/guardian initials____
Wed., 3/2 – I read ________minutes. Parent/guardian initials____
Thurs., 3/3 –I read ________minutes. Parent/guardian initials____
Fri., 3/4 – I read________minutes. Parent/guardian initials____
Total minutes read for the week:_______________minutes!
Return the bottom portion of the slip to your teacher or to the media center. Each student who participates will receive a Dr. Seuss book mark and a trolley ticket. If you don’t quite reach your goal, that’s alright, be sure to submit your Ready-Set-Read form!